Rivica Surveillance Service Agreement
This agreement outlines the terms and conditions for the supply of investigative services by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd as agreed upon with you, hereinafter referred to as ‘the client’
RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd reserve the right to change or alter any agreed services without notice, where it is believed the changes are necessary to prevent compromising the investigation or for the safety of our staff.
1. Surveillance fees start at the flat rate of $675 (inclusive of GST) for up to four (4) hours of surveillance, within 100kms radius of Melbourne GPO, and then at the rate of $100 per hour (inclusive of GST), or part thereof, for additional surveillance hours required or worked. Inclusive time starts from the time surveillance is commenced and finishes at the time surveillance is ceased. All expenses such as reconnaissance, administration, kilometres, tolls and parking, report preparation and processing of video and images are all included in the flat rate.
2. For surveillance outside of the Metro area (100Km radius of Melbourne GPO), additional fees apply to cover the additional travel time and kilometres and will be provided in a quote.
2a. The following discount is offered to clients who require surveillance services over a number of days and book in and pay these fees upfront, prior to commencement of the surveillance investigation. 5% discount for four (4) and over deployments, 7.5% discount for seven (7) and over surveillance deployments and 10% discount for over 11 (eleven) surveillance deployments.
3. Any work carried out by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd on a public holiday at the client’s request will be billed at the agreed rate plus 50%. A list of quoted items will be provided before work is commenced.
4. In some circumstances additional agents may be required to complete the surveillance objectives. Any additional costs to the client will be discussed and agreed upon prior to commencing any surveillance investigation. The fees for additional agents are 70% the daily flat rate and hourly rate for each agent required.
5. Payment for the surveillance will be paid in full before the assignment is commenced.
6. For surveillance requests that qualify for the discounted rate, a retaining fee of 50% of the total quoted services, is payable by the client upon accepting these conditions to secure our services. The balance of the quoted services will be paid to RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd prior to the commencement of the surveillance investigation.
7. RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd reserves the right to withhold all data and reports generated until full payment has been made by the client.
8. RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd will invoice the client any balance outstanding on a weekly basis unless otherwise agreed upon and all invoices will be paid in full within seven (7) days of receiving the invoice. A late fee of 5% of the total invoice amount will be added to the total balance outstanding at the end of every calendar month along with any addition third-party collection agency costs if required.
9. Court Fees – If any RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd staff are required to attend court on behalf of an investigation or any services carried out on behalf of the client, the client will be billed at $125 per hour per operative (plus GST), with a minimum of five (5) hours billable. If courtroom appearances will be longer than five (5) hours, a flat rate fee of $1000 (plus GST) per day will be payable. Courtroom appearance fees are to be paid seven (7) days in advance when booked with the investigator. If court appearances are cancelled within seventy-two (72) hours of the appearance, the full scheduled fee will be payable for the day/s booked.
10. All payments and retaining fees will be invoiced to the client are to be paid to RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd by the due date, either via credit card, or by electronic funds transfer. Alternative payment methods can be discussed on a case by case basis.
11. If the client cancels work within twenty-four (24) hours of the requested commencement time and date, the client will not be a refunded for the flat rate charge however any additional hours purchased will be reimbursed to the client or held in credit.
12. The client agrees that they will not, nor will any friend, relative, colleague, employee or agent of the client, in any way, interfere with the investigation process, and agree not to attend or visit in or around a location that is under surveillance by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd.
Accuracy of Information
13. The client understands that the accuracy of data is not always guaranteed, and although every care and effort is exercised to ensure all data is relevant and accurate, this may not always be the case. The full fee schedule is still payable if the investigator has made best efforts to provide accurate data.
Use of Information
14. The client agrees that they will not use any information provided by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd to commit, or allow to be committed, any crime or wilfully bring harm to any persons or company via either negligence or malice.
15. The client agrees that there are no legal orders in place that may be breached by engaging RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd in the scope defined above.
16. The client agrees to keep all information provided by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd private and only disclose it to parties who have a legitimate and lawful requirement to know.
17. All applicable laws in the areas the works are done will govern the work performed by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd. This is not negotiable, and RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse any or all parts of a job if it is believed that any laws will be breached.
18. All client data will be stored on encrypted storage until which time it is presented to the client, or where applicable, presented in a courtroom. After this time, all data will be considered no longer required, and will be deleted.
19. All reports, photographs and video footage will be uploaded to the RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd Dropbox. On commencement of the investigation, the client will be provided a unique and secure folder within the RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd’ Dropbox, where all relevant information relating to the client’s investigation will be accessible.
20. All observations of operatives involved in any surveillance operation will be recorded on contemporaneous notes in line with Victorian evidentiary rules and legislative requirements, and will be retained by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd. If there is a requirement for the observations of our operatives to be used in any future court or hearing process, RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd can produce a full typed surveillance log for this purpose.
21. All video footage and images will be captured and recorded in line with Victorian evidentiary rules and legislative requirements to maintain the integrity and continuity of evidence if so required later.
22. The client understands that RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd provides absolutely no warranties or guarantees of any of the information provided, and any compensation due to loss or harm caused by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd or any information provided by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd is limited to the cost of providing the service.
23. The risk of losing a subject during surveillance can be influenced by the time of the day, the road traffic conditions and restrictions, and the awareness of the subject of surveillance methodologies. The client understands that the fees for services are not contingent on the outcome or results of the information collected, but solely for the attempt of collecting said information. RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, express or implied as to the results of this investigation. The client understands that the nature of surveillance investigation is that a desired outcome is not and cannot be guaranteed.
24. Information gathered by RIVICA Investigations & Covert Solutions Pty Ltd may not be favourable to the client. If this is the case, all information, including information that may not be favourable to the client, will be treated the same, and if courtroom appearances or the presentation of such evidence is required, all information, including information that may not be favourable to the client, will be presented in whole.
25. As agreed and offered by RIVICA Investigations & Cover Solutions Pty Ltd in quote for services
Please print and keep for your records